Sunday, November 12, 2006

Challenge # 89: Buttons


As a military item collector, and also collector of buttons......someone I knew gave these two buttons to me. He said his father was in the navy during WWII, and the navy uniform button was his, and the he aquired the nazi uniform button during combat. I guess these could have also fit the antique catagory as well.
The scanner seems to brighten the image a bit....as I believe the color looks a little better in person....a little darker, as I had spent a considerable amount of time trying to get the tarnished, or bronzed color of the buttons. The scanner just brightened up the dark areas way too much. Perhaps I might take a photo instead.
This was done with ink and watercolor pencils.

8 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Kunya said...

I love this drawing...if this is a bad scan, I wonder how nice the original is

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. Congratulations

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Ujwala Prabhu said...

your drawings are beautiful. how do you manage to get the details as in the uneven surface of the brass button?

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I can actually "feel" the design on each button!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Carolyn Kinniery said...

Those buttons are amazing! I like the size of them. I also recognize the one with the anchor because I have one or two of those. The colors look so realistic.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Michael Emerald said...

Very nice, and nice colors. I just wish it were the Army instead of the Navy. Next time can you paint a tank? Or tell Karen to make our weekly challenge to be a hand grenade.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger arvindh said...

Stunning work - as always!

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Serena Lewis said...

Wonderful drawing with amazing detail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home