Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Challenge # 92 : Bag N' Boots


It took me awhile to find a brown paper bag to do this challenge.....but I did find one....one that was stored away most likely for years. I can't tell you when the last was that I received a paper bag at the grocery store.
I wanted to draw a smaller paper bag at first....I had some other ideas...but since I could not find a small bag, I had to use the larger grocery paper bag....and this was the idea I came up with. I took a pair of my boots.....I have no idea why......and slapped the bag down on top of them. This was done in watercolor and ink.

8 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Michael Emerald said...

Don't you just love the ideas that one thinks of for no reason! Those are my favorites. Even after the fact it's hard to figure what made you do it. Here then, as a result, you have a great painting, one with creativity that's fun to think about. Thanks for publshing it.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Lin said...

WONDERFUL!!! SUPER SUPER SKETCH! AND THE BOOTS REMIND ME OF A HALLOWEEN COSTUME!!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Carolyn Kinniery said...

Great piece of artwork. I like how you included the boots in the drawing. Makes the viewer wonder who (or what) is in the bag!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Bonny said...

What a great drawing with the boots! Made me wonder who was hiding inide the bag! You're right about paper bags becoming rare. You can't easily find paper lunch bags any more either.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Very creative. Love the idea and your drawing is right on.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Shelly McC said...

Great drawing!

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger ELLA ELVIANA said...

i like your realistic works, they're beautiful! and i like your Jim Morrison sketch on the other blog, since i did the same thing back in college.. it's very exciting to see other artist's interpretation on the same subject... ^_^

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Marilyn said...

How fun! I like the watercolors and the boots sticking out below are a hoot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home